2019 ESSAY CONTEST IS CLOSED
OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE ITS
ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL ESSAY CONTEST
“The U.S. Census projects that the United States will become a majority-minority country by the year 2045. How can we combat, prevent and/or reduce prejudice, discrimination, and violence in a new, more diverse America?”
The Contest is open to all college-bound, high school seniors who submit an essay application through a Chapter of the Fraternity.
The essay must be original and neither previously published nor secured by copyright. The essay must be between 700 and 750 words in length.
The type-written, double-spaced essay
may be submitted via postal service or email in Microsoft Word.
All submissions will be reviewed by your local Chapter (determined by your high school/home
Submissions will not be accepted after October 18, 2019.
1. Development of Topic/Thesis: (30 possible points)
2. Progression: (20 possible points)
3. Readability: (25 possible points)
4. Grammar: (15 possible points)
5. Spelling: (5 possible points)
6. Punctuation: (5 possible points) .