OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE ITS
ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL ESSAY CONTEST
“The U.S. Census projects that the United States will become a majority-minority country by the year 2045. How can we combat, prevent and/or reduce prejudice, discrimination, and violence in a new, more diverse America?”
The Contest is open to all college-bound, high school seniors who submit an essay application through a Chapter of the Fraternity.
The essay must be original and neither previously published nor secured by copyright. The essay must be between 700 and 750 words in length.
The type-written, double-spaced essay
may be submitted via postal service or email in Microsoft Word.
All submissions will be reviewed by your local Chapter (determined by your high school/home
Submissions will not be accepted after October 18, 2019.
1. Development of Topic/Thesis: (30 possible points)
2. Progression: (20 possible points)
3. Readability: (25 possible points)
4. Grammar: (15 possible points)
5. Spelling: (5 possible points)
6. Punctuation: (5 possible points) .